Tuesday, 16 October 2007

Dag Hammarskjold

Dag Hammarskjold is the name of the postgraduate hall of residence where I have my room. He was the second UN Secretary-General and died in suspicious circumstances over what is now modern day Zambia. Recent discoveries suggest that MI5 and the CIA were almost certainly involved but the motive behind the killing remains unclear. Anyway why Makerere decided to name the hall after him I cannot tell you but the photo below shows the view from my balcony/corridor (it's not as prison-like as it looks like!) . The community here have been exceptionally welcoming and aside from one or two small incidents it has been an ideal place to live in terms of convenience and settling in.

Now I've found a system for uploading photos more easily onto this site I will aim to get far more for you to look at in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Atin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Atin said...

Makerere University residential halls have names like Lumumba, Nkurumah, etc also died in suspicious circumstances.....interesting theme