Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Campus Water

When it comes to bottled water I have always been a one brand man (for UK-based readers the tap water revolution has yet to hit Uganda. I blame cholera). Highland, Aqua Sipi, Riham, Wavah, Dasani, Ripples, Peak, Refresh and the other atrociously named bottles on offer just don't compete when a bottle of Rwenzori is on sale - although I have to admit being disappointed when I found out it was actually tapped from a swamp at Namanve (also home to a large power station) and not the ice topped border mountains with DRC.

However, my loyalties are now going to be tested as the ever-innovative Makerere Food Science department has launched their very own 'Campus Water'. Now if they could just improve the metallic taste...

2 comments:

Matt said...

Why on earth would they want to improve on the metallic taste? This is the age of modernization, after all.

tumwijuke said...

Maybe it's metal-flavored mineral water.

Interesting stuff from MUK. I'm making a call to investigate it further.