- Many universities in the Third World countries turn into opposition agents.
- In Uganda dons attack the government, condemn the government and castigate the government but make very little contribution in terms of policy.
- Ugandan academics need to come down from the clouds and live here on Earth with us or they will remain irrelevant.
- When did practical ideas ever emanate from Makerere?
- Where are the Makerere professors? I only ever hear from Mamdani and Mazrui.
It would also help if the line minister focused more on getting the university the resources it desperately needs rather than repeatedly criticising the place.